Manufacturers and importers should create, manage and share “Technical Construction Files” that act as the confirmation their items are compliant. We chose a specialist partner in this area a company called ProductIP who are market leaders in this area and help to support change, stay in control and help manage supply chain risk. Working with our supplier partners around the globe is part of our culture and as part of this supply chain management we conduct regular audits to BSCI standards.
We want to ensure that fair conditions exist in all manufacturing plants we work with and find the BSCI Code of Conduct a comprehensive standard for this.
Some important goals of the BSCI code of conduct:
- Child labour is prohibited
- Legal minimum wages are paid
- The working space is safe and healthy
- Working hours are compliant with national laws
- There is no forced labour and disciplinary measures